Bluestone Investment Partners is a private equity fund that brings transformational capital to small companies that operate in the defense and government services arena. The value of the capital we provide is enhanced by the extensive industry-focus and experience of our firm’s principals. Our total immersion in the defense and government services sector means that we can be a tremendous resource to our portfolio companies in virtually every aspect of their business. Few firms can claim the unique combination of industry-focused intellectual and investment capital that Bluestone has assembled.
Bluestone believes that small companies present compelling investment opportunities. Small businesses, however, often have limited access to capital as most traditional private equity firms and mezzanine lenders are geared toward supporting large and mid-sized companies. Bluestone aims to fill the capital gap by focusing on investing in well-positioned small companies in the defense and government services sector. Bluestone’s investment criteria are highlighted below:
- Revenue: $10 - $40+ Million
- EBITDA: $1 - $5+ Million
- Focus on defense and government related markets
- History of growth and profitability
- Prefer management to retain an ownership position
Type of investments:
- Growth Capital
- Majority Investments
- Minority Investments
- Mezzanine Investment
The depth and breadth of our industry-focused resources enables us to provide our portfolio companies with value-added capital. Some of the meaningful ways we help portfolio companies build value include the following:
- Leveraging the access and relationships of Bluestone's principals to bring proven management and Board talent to portfolio companies;
- Accelerating the organic growth of portfolio companies by leveraging the past experience of the fund's principals in building successful business development and sales organizations;
- Advising portfolio companies on merger and acquisition strategies and assisting in the execution of merger and acquisition transactions;
- Providing guidance regarding set-aside/small business contract transition strategies; and
- Assisting in setting the overall strategic direction of portfolio companies and positioning portfolio companies to build shareholder value.
Partnership with Management
Bluestone’s investment approach is to work with strong management partners. Our goal is to combine the insights, experience, and operational expertise of management with Bluestone’s wealth of resources and relationships. Working together, Bluestone and management are able to transform businesses and create value. To that end, Bluestone is committed to providing the management teams of portfolio companies with meaningful equity ownership opportunities.